2017 - Fri 11 to Sun 13 August 2017, Cheltenham, UK
This is a wiki-based website; we encourage attendees to add your own content - find out how.
Grand Tribunal is a roleplaying, freeform and boardgame convention dedicated to the games and settings of Atlas Games.2017 marks the tenth anniversary of the mini-con, which attracts delegates from all over the world, and this year the event is occurring Fri 11 to Sun 13 August 2017, in Cheltenham, UK.
This will be our tenth anniversary, and we especially welcome new gamers, as well as old faces and our loyal regulars. The convention has an informal social aspect on Friday night (free to anyone to join in), and then games playing from 10am to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday till 4pm.
The convention is of especial interest to fans of Ars Magica, and also Unknown Armies, Over the Edge, Rune and other Atlas Games rpgs. We also have some freeform larp games, but a large Ars Magica themed game suitable for everyone, and some smaller freeforms (in fact the first 'Nordic style' larp run in the UK took place at Grand Tribunal in 2007).
Grand Tribunal is a small, intimate and friendly event, and while it attracts a number of Ars Magica and RPG authors, it is very accessible to even casual gamers.
- Tickets - how much it costs (quick answer: very cheap) and what's included
- Venue - directions, maps, facilities, accommodation, transport and disabled access
- Programme - session times, early arrival meet & greet, restaurant and pub times
- Games - the individual games being run, who is running them, and how to sign up to play
- People - staff, attendees - introduce yourself
- Ethos - policies, guidelines, collections of thoughts
- Charity Raffle- the famous raffle and prizes you can win
- Retail - while we don't have a retailer present this year you can advance order for deliver to the convention
Keep in touch
- Grand Tribunal Yahoo Group is our email list where we do most of the organising, and where you can talk directly to the organisers and attendees
- Hashtag #gt17uk on Twitter is especially useful for minute-by-minute updates during the event itself
- Find us on Facebook, like us and spread the word
- Mobile devices such as smartphones should automatically see the mobile version of this website/wiki, but you can find out how to control which version you see
Archives and colleagues
Thanks to Pitt Murman for hosting the Grand Tribunal wiki from 2007-2012 and for retaining the archives from 2010-2012. Partial archives from 2007-2009 are on the Wayback archive.
- 2012 Grand Tribunal UK - 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008 - 2007
- 2016 Grand Tribunal UK - 2015 - 2014 - 2013
- Thanks to Atlas Games for the Ars Magica game and letting us use their intellectual property
- Thanks to Gas Green Community Centre for allowing us to use their venue
- Thanks to Karl Trygve Kalleberg for use of the grandtribunal.org domain name.
This wiki is also host to Cheltenham Freeforms, a non-contact live-action roleplaying group who frequently use Gas Green as their venue. Many of the people who participate in Cheltenham Freeforms also participate in Grand Tribunal UK.